The 90s are definitely back. That’s great news for those old enough to have lived through that exciting decade and had never gotten over Doc Martens, plaid shirts and Kurt Cobain. For the tweens and teens who are new to this glam grunge scene, here are some 90’s-inspired glam grunge fashion pieces and beauty products definitely worth buying.
|Smells Like Teen Spirit. Cardigans, Gel Eyeliner, Doc Martens, Floral and Plaids.
- I found this super easy smokey eye tutorial to help you achieve that strategically smudged black eyeliner is a trademark glam grunge beauty look. This high-impact look is crazy easy to do. Go for a waterproof pencil liner so it’s easy to smudge but won’t run and turn your face into a giant inkblot even in hot and humid weather.
- The brown-based matte lips were big in the 90’s, but for a modern take on 90’s-inspired beauty looks, swipe a sweet shade of bubblegum pink on your puckers instead. It’s youthful and clean, a great contrast to your dramatic eyes.
- Sweaters and oversized cardigans are chic, cozy and great for channeling the too-cool-to-care insouciance mastered and made popular by 90s rock icons.
- Whether worn over a tank top or knotted on the waist, the plaid shirt is a signature 90’s look favored by just about everyone in that era.
- Kill two birds with one stone and take on two smoking hot 90s trends—florals and over-alls, with floral jumper dresses.
- Channel a young Kate Moss, rock goddess Courtney Love or Claire Danes circa My So Called Life with 90s-inspired dresses like slinky slips, floral maxis and short and sweet babydolls.
- Give your classic black leggings a rest and try the more on-trend printed leggings and sheer tights. For ultra-cute tights in a variety of textures and prints, you can check out the brand Leg Love available at Zalora.
- Stockpile on shorts and cut-offs—from distressed denims to dainty florals. You’ll get a lot of mileage from these versatile pieces this season.
- You can’t have enough plaid and checks this season. Take this trend all the way to your intimates and go for cool bra and panties sets with touches of plaid.
- Keep your overall look chic and cool rather than childish and pair your florals, tights and babydoll dresses with flat utilitarian-inspired boots in soft leather or suede.