|Tony Moly Egg Pore Silky Smooth Balm sells for Php 628|
Unboxing the Egg…
|There’s some English Information on the Product Features. But everything else is in Hangul.|
|Effective pore purifying product that clears out blackheads and impurities. It’s a balm type make up primer for a smoother and poreless finish.|
Product Description: Art skin gel balm type primer conceals the enlarged pores, fine wrinkles and minor scars to give the skin a velvety smooth, soft and silky look. The combination of Porous powder and Selemin AN manages the excessive sebum and tightens the enlarged pores. Applying the balm helps the base makeup to be applied and glide on smoothly. In addition, Camellia Flower extract and Skin Growth Complex manages dead skin cells and strengthen elasticity of skin for an optimum skin-tightening effect.
Other Ingredients: Dimethicone, Methicone
For your reference, most of the online reviews of this, mention about it being a silicone based primer. But actually, most makeup primers, this included, are usually silicone based. Initially, it sounded unnatural, and a bit bothersome until I made my research, and learned otherwise. Popular silicone used in skincare are Dimethicone and Methicone. Basically silicone’s cosmetic usage is for its occlusive properties, that is slowing down the evaporation of water from the skin, thereby helping the skin retain its moisture. In the same way, that this also sort of traps the sebum, thereby aiding in sebum control.
Dimethicone specifically is even found on my favorite and trusted Aveeno Baby, which has reinforced benefit of skin remedy/protectant. It has been a continuing tried and tested mainstay in our home, so I will not shy away from a reasonable amount of Dimethicone level. If products with silicone breaks you out, then you’re probably allergic to it. Or anything in excess is not good, so give your skin a breather, take a break. ;-D The other drawback they said of using a silicone based, that it tends to be comedogenic, if by itself. But given that Tony Moly Egg Pore Smooth Silky Balms contains other ingredients that are in effect clears out the pores, then I can only assume, to not to contradict its claim, it is now reinforced with non-comedogenic ingredients. Regardless, at the end of the day, following a faithful skin care regimen of cleansing, exfoliating, toning, moisturizing, and sun protecting will ensure that no unhealthy residues will be left on the skin.
|Swatch. After you apply it, it will leave a silky smooth, light weight feel.|
Directions: After your basic skin care regimen, apply it all over the face as a makeup primer giving special attention to the T-Zone. This will not be “absorb” and will just work to fill in those enlarged pores, scars, wrinkles, for that even, silky smooth texture. So you don’t really need a lot. Apply makeup foundation (BB Cream, Pact) after.
What’s to ❤?
- It’s mildly fruity/citrusy scented.
- Really leaves the skin silky smooth. After my BB Cream, it almost leaves a poreless finish.
- Skin looks tightened and lifted.
- It’s uber sheer and lightweight. You can’t feel it, but you can see it.
- It has a great sebum control effect.
- After three days of wearing it, no breakouts! Yay!
- It’s more affordable than Lioele’s Secret Pore Rich Balm, which I also tried, which I was so tempted to buy from local eBay sellers for a Buy it Now Price of Php 850. But I just didn’t make a review of Lioele’s, it basically works the same way. ;-D
- You can just wear it by itself, without applying BB Cream or foundation, if you don’t really need coverage. I get the poreless and sebum control effect. No frills!
- Skin Tightening or Lifting effect of Egg…I think I have to give it some more tries before I fully begin to realize and to feel the skin resiliency benefits.
- The poreless and the silky smooth finish is not yet a long term realized benefit (?). It seems to only work as a stop gap measure. I’m not sure if with long term use your pores will be more refined or the sebum control will take effect, even when not wearing it.
- No blemish coverage claim. It’s also refreshing to just use this without another layer of cosmetics (BB Cream or Foundation), especially on dress down occasions, but it will not cover blemishes, age spots, freckles, scars.
- Gosh, it’s a bit bulky to bring along with that solid egg shaped container.
- No spoon/spatula included so expect to dip your fingers/brush on the tub.
- I’m not sure that my initial worries for silicone based product will ever be appeased. So at the end of the day, I only want to use it when needed.
- Don’t over indulge in applying the balm liberally all over the face, because it will cause some caking especially on the even surfaces and creases of your face that doesn’t really need much “filling” effect.
- If you originally think that you have an oily skin type, and decided to skip moisturizer, please don’t! Because I did, and I actually had flakes and feathering near the mouth and under the nose area. So I have to apply moisturizer over it, and the BB Cream.
|I’m wearing the Tony Moly Egg Pore Silky Smooth Balm under my BB Cream, and Pact. ;-D|
|Skin will still be shine free, and silky smooth even just with it. But just manage your coverage expectations, because it’s not directed to do just that. ^^|
Overall, it’s a great stop gap measure because it provides immediate and evident pore refining effect. I especially love the sebum control, because I tend to neglect blotting my face with an oil control film, even I have one within reach, and it so does its job of doing just that. Even 5 hours, without retouching, I ended up with just a hint of glowing, not the unsightly oily shine. I’ll be happy ( and super excited) to finish it so I can unlock the hidden seed inside. LoL. Will I repurchase? Definitely. Although, I might have to depot it to a smaller and to more handy container so that I can bring it when traveling.
|5 Hours after, it looks that I’m just fresh out of a BB Cream with a bit of a flash reflective effect.|
|Having fun with the Lovestruck effect of MacBook PhotoBooth…Lovestruck much with Tony Moly Egg Pore Silky Smooth Balm! ;-D|
What’s your take? Did it have a long term pore refining and skin refining benefit? Did anyone crack the egg to uncover the seed? Please do share. ^^
Please do checkout my ongoing Sigma Buffer F45 giveaway. ;-D And please forgive my photo qualities, my DSLR went on vacation again without me (LoL). I’ll try to update photos asap.