|Blogging over Coffee! I ❤!|
Hmmm…I need some serious thinking, reflecting, and soul searching. Don’t get me wrong! I love being a SAHM. The rewards of becoming a stay at home mom are endless. But I had a great career opportunity just within the area where we are currently residing now. It’s along the line of my previous career experience of sales and customer development. If ever, I got to be a part of setting up a principal and then be a part of the team which will determine the best go-to market strategy for this specialty consumer product.
Last Saturday, I was invited for a interview. Well, I was there 9am, and the thing ended at 1:30 pm. It consisted of series of Psychological and Personal Assessment Exams. And an essay exam, answer 8 out of the 12 questions! It’s like answering the essay portion in your Jobstreet application, only more challenging since you have to answer 8 of them. Some heavy thinking involved eh! 🙂 It was really no joke! 😛 Just to share, I specifically find this unforgettable…”A Successful manager is….!” Complete the line. 🙂
Prior to my interview I prepared the following:
- My updated resume…I even included my blogging stints and my freelance work as a contributor for Smart Parenting…well, just to let them know, that I’m still in pursuit of intellectual and creative development! haha 🙂
- From my recent work with the head hunters, the 3rd part agency, a profile would be most useful. It’s basically a summary of your previous career milestones, and key result areas. It would also include your most updated compensation and benefit package.
- Prepared and rehearsed my answer to the “Tell us about yourself…” famous interviewer first question (usually)! 🙂 I got it from my profile, which I kept separately for my use only. But if working with a head hunter, this will actually serve as one’s cover letter. 🙂
It was for a good position for one of the most successful local company in my region, it might even be considered a promotion for me, if ever…but these things just keep on nagging me…
- The interview was rescheduled for a Saturday ( I couldn’t make it on the first schedule, with only a day’s notice!) They do have Saturday work!
- They didn’t give us time to take our lunch! We just waited there over lunch! Only to be told came 130pm, that we will have to go back since the interviewer (the 2nd interview for that day) had an emergency meeting.
- Both notice came a day before, with the text message sent around 9pm-10pm. Oh well, it tells me that these guys work round the clock!
- They didn’t really dwell on my sabbatical, which was actually extended since it’s more than a year’s break from work! 🙂
- I need to read through my resume prior to my coming interviews, because I need refresher on some of the things I did before for work! 🙂