So I’ve been told that we do ♥ parties!
For Chase’s 2nd B-Day, we went all out with Disney Cars Theme. This time we celebrated it in Manila with most of our San Antonio Village neighbors (mostly 4th Floor residents of AHM Properties), mostly by my Colgate Palmolive Friends and JB’s Nestle Friends. We actually limited the guest list because of the small venue we rented out. But much to our happiness, we had quite a turn out of guests, even our friends from Angeles City. The Best Part was that Chase really enjoyed it!
Invitations & Personalized Cans by Adworks Graphic Design: The cost versus getting them from Jelly Bellies was cheaper if by units. But in the end, since I was not really a regular client, meaning I’m not a registered business institurion/party store, the minimum orders were higher. Instead of the 30 pieces minimum from Jelly Bellies (which by the way is a client of Adworks that time), I had to get 50 pieces (if I got it right). This meant more budget being allocated to the invitations, which still worked better because instead of getting two designs/set of invitations like I did on the Justice League Party, I got relatively same number of invites to give out with some savings on the cost. The added benefit was that the design was original or customized vs. an allocated design per party stores.
- Disney Cars Cans – came with cover and design same as the invitation. These were nice to have since they seemed to be useful afterwards for putting toys, crayons etc. But since these were my makeshift Loot Bag, I really had to put a lot of stuff inside. 🙂 By the way, I think that the owner of Adworks in Manila are related to the Adworks in Angeles City….related but operated differently last I checked on the items and costings.
- Contact Person : Norman CruzAddress :Unit 103 Greenrich Mansion Cond., Pearl Drive, Ortigas Center, Pasig City, Metro Manila, Philippines, 1600Telephone No: (632) 636-5570, 497-2315Mobile No: (63917) 851-8866Fax No. : (632) 636-5570
|My Very Own Sephra Choco Fountain, Prizes & Loot Cans
- Venue is Palladium Club House located along Shaw Blvd., Mandaluyong : I got the indoor venue, which can only seat around 50 persons. It was almost a poolside venue, since the pool is overlooking by glass walls. It cost around P4000-P4500. I was able to negotiate to let me use the poolside area for the buffet table setup since we were the only one booked for that day.
- Some guidelines they implemented…the caterer needs to be approved by them. No cooking inside the air conditioned venue, hence for the buffet set-up outside instead. They required some deposit which was refundable after some charges if any. For us, they did charge us for additional chair rentals,sound system. (Even until now,the sound system is always an opportunity for me. Haay!)
- The rental is for 3 hours, preparation time allotment is 2 hours before. Relatively enough time for a professional caterer, but not enough time for me as we did again the balloon decorations!
- They required submitting a guest list to the guard of the village.
- Location: Athena Loop, Palladium Subdivision, Shaw Blvd., cor. Old Wack-wack Road, Mandaluyong City
- Contact Details: (02) 533-3048
- Catering by Avengoza: That time we got a package for 50 adults and 30 children. From their package, you can actually change or choose from their current selections. Like if you don’t like the vegetable dish, you can change it with something else within the same package. So in effect, I did enjoy their food. They were very also very accommodating and efficient! I informed them that I would be adding additional dish/food from their current (Our very own Pampanga’s Sisig & Crabs in Cheesy Oriental Sauce, Yummy!) and they allocated a serving dish for them in the buffet table.
- Room for improvements: I told them since I will not be availing their Kid’s Package and would only get the food, if I could in turn get a discount on other services. So I did! I got the face painter with a reasonable cost! But my clown hosts were Filipino Speakers even when I clearly requested for a English Speaker Host! 😦 (Background: I’m Kapampangan, my husband speaks Hiligaynon/Ilonggo, our neighbors speak tagalog, overall we got Chase totally confused! So we decided to speak only to him in English so as not to confused him any further! It works!) So I recommend, looking for a English Speaker Clown Host personally, and taking time to talk to the host, verifying it before the event. I haven’t found out one yet, will let you know though. Remember that, a clown hosts cost differs from a Theme Host. The cost for a Theme Host is more expensive.
- The Cake Gazebo could not appeal to some. Though at that time I sort of like it, but looking at it now, it sort of took a lot of space and minimized the impact of the cake. Personally, I now preferred a simple cake table.
- I didn’t like their centerpiece balloons. If only I had enough time, I would have made the centerpieces myself. I should had asked for flowers instead. I personally like Qualatex Balloons for indoor setup. The ones they used “oxidized” fast! 😦
- Contact them: http://www.avengoza.com/
- Cake by Layers & Layers by Arlene: I ♥ Cakes by Arlene! The designs are really nice and she can really do character cakes, lollipops, and cupcakes. Best of all, the cost is very reasonable, well at least that time. There was an opportunity for the taste of the cake itself, with it being not as moist or chocolaty, given my husband’s high standard. But we told them about it, so the next time we got our cakes from her (Chase’s 3rd, my nephew’s 2nd birthday), we mentioned that to please make the cake extra special. 😉
- The cupcakes and the lollies served as additional tokens for the guests. I recommend this versus getting a 2 or 3 layered cake, which most likely would end up in your refrigerator since guests wouldn’t really stay that long to eat it. Plus the additional set of plates and dessert forks needed to serve it.
- Located: 11 West Caitol Drive, Kapitolyo, Pasig City
- Website: http://cakesbyarlene.blogspot.com
|Round Character Cake, Cupcakes with Toppers, & Lollies
- Disney Cars Theme: Again, thanks to our Auntie Millie in the states and to my sister in law, we were able to enjoy US Disney Cars items. We have theme plates, cups,cutlery sets, Disney Cars Pencils, Ballpens, Crayons, Diary, Toys etc. Toy Trucks/Cars in the cake table were also gifts from them.
|Chase with Dad & Mom
- Disney Cars other items I got from department stores and some in Divisoria. There were a lot of items available for Disney Cars. Locally, there are theme plates, cups, balloons, etc. almost available everywhere. Even the character shop in Greenhills.
- To make it more fun, and to make up for the lack luster performance of the clown hosts, I gave out a lot of Theme Souvenirs to the kids and even to our adult guests. I also made my own “Pick a Prize” via “Pabunot”/Draw Lot style to make it more exciting for the kids. The balloons had corresponding numbers inside and so were the prizes, so in a bowl, kids get to draw a number, get their balloon, and pop it to know the corresponding prize.
- For the Balloons, too bad, me & my sister, were not that successful on this one. We had too little time to prepare for bringing things to the venue, setting up the other items, etc. The two hour time was not enough to make pillars, centerpieces, even the imported foil character balloons, didn’t stand a chance on having been inflated hurriedly. Only one of them survived, the big 2 balloon at the cake table. Worse, given the time pressure of the venue, I indicated in the invitation that the party would start promptly at 11am…too bad! Our first visitors arrive with me not still ready. Oh well! 🙂
Most important thing was that we loved this party! Chase enjoyed it so much! It was I think his first ever real memory of a party for him! ♥♥♥
Get yours now at Amazon! ♥♥♥